Cheats pumpkin and chickpea curry
A vegetarian one-casserole-pot wonder, this cheats pumpkin and chickpea curry is deliciously warm and wholesome. Serve this comforting curry with your choice of rice and naan bread for a tasty and affordable family friendly meal.
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 medium pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 500g jar tikka masala simmer sauce
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Bring a casserole dish to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the ginger, garlic, onion and pumpkin. Cook for a few minutes or until the onion softens.
- Stir through the chickpeas, then pour in the tikka masala simmer sauce and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper, mix to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Top tip: Frozen whole green beans make a tasty addition to this curry. Simply add a cup in with the chickpeas, then garnish with chopped coriander for some freshness.