One pot cauliflower and chickpea curry
Every busy cook loves a one-pot wonder, and this cauliflower and chickpea curry is deliciously easy to make. Bursting with flavour, this effortless vegetarian recipe is guaranteed to be a sure-fire winner with the whole family!
- Rice bran oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Half cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup store bought curry paste
- 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 2 tomatoes, roughly diced
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Bring a large heavy based pot to a medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Once hot, sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes, then add the cauliflower pieces and sauté for a further couple of minutes.
- Stir the curry paste into the cauliflower mixture, followed by the chickpeas and diced tomatoes. Once combined, pour in the coconut milk, and stir, then add half a can of water to the curry.
- Bring the curry to a simmer, then lower the heat slightly and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the cauliflower pieces are tender. Stir the soy sauce and spinach through the curry, then season to taste if required.
- Garnish the curry with fresh coriander if desired, then serve and enjoy.
TOP TIP: After an easy work lunch or in need of some meal prep? Just make a double batch of this curry! And if you like things a bit spicy, add a couple of fresh chillies to the dish when sautéing your cauliflower.