Anika's Go-To taco soup
This vegetarian Go-To taco soup is easy and tasty, and you'll be shimmying in the kitchen too!
View the method
- 1 brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Olive or avocado oil
- 40g sachet medium spice taco seasoning
- 400g tin black beans, drained
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained
- 400g tin chilli beans
- 2 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes
- 400g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1L vegetable stock
- 4 tortillas, cut into thin strips
- Sour cream, grated cheddar & coriander, to serve
Back to ingredients
- In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic over a medium heat with a drizzle of oil, until softened.
- To the onion and garlic, add the taco seasoning, followed by the beans, tomatoes, corn and vegetable stock. Season to taste, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To make crispy tortilla strips, bring a thin layer of oil to a medium high heat in a frying pan. In batches, cook the tortilla strips in hot oil until golden and crispy, then drain on paper towel.
- To serve, divide the soup amongst bowls, then sprinkle with grated cheese. Dollop with sour cream, sprinkle over the tortilla strips and garnish with coriander. Serve immediately.