- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Pams Capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 anchovy (optional)
- ¼ cup Pams Extra-virgin Olive Oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- To make the salsa verde, place the parsley, basil, garlic, capers, mustard and anchovy (if using) into the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, add the oil and red wine vinegar to the herb mixture. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Drizzle the asparagus with the extra oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a preheated barbecue or chargrill pan for 5 minutes, or until tender and browned.
- Serve the asparagus with the salsa verde.
- Take this meal to the next level by wrapping the asparagus in prosciutto or bacon before grilling.
- If you like, you can replace the salsa verde with Pams Spinach & Feta Hummus.