- 3 large orange kumara, washed
- 2 large purple kumara, washed
- 25g butter, softened
- Pams Cream 300ml
- 2 large garlic cloves, cut in half
- Large sprig fresh thyme
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- ⅓ cup pesto
- Freshly grated parmesan, to finish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Using a knife, mandolin or food processor, cut the kumara into thin slices and set aside.
- Grease a medium sized baking dish with the softened butter. Lay the kumara slices in the baking dish standing on their side, filling the dish.
- In a small pot, combine the cream, garlic, thyme and chilli flakes and bring to a simmer. Remove the garlic and thyme, then season with salt and pepper and pour evenly over the kumara slices.
- Cover with tinfoil, and place into the oven to cook for 40 minutes. Remove the tinfoil, and dollop the pesto amongst the kumara slices. Return to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes
- Once cooked, finish with freshly grated parmesan and serve.