Maple almond flapjacks
Sweet tooth? These Maple Almond Flapjacks are chewy and delicious; the perfect 3pm treat alongside a hot cuppa or cut smaller for a lunchbox surprise! Easy to make for the week ahead, these flapjacks are a moreish addition to any pantry.
View the method
- 125g butter, cubed
- 100g brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 75g dark chocolate, melted
Back to ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. In a saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup over a medium heat.
- Once melted, take off the heat and stir in the salt, rolled oats and flaked almonds. Mix until well combined, then press firmly into a lined slice or square cake tin.
- Place into the oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, and set aside until completely cool.
- Once cool, remove from the tin. Drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the surface, then place into the fridge to set for around 30 minutes.
- After the chocolate has set, cut into pieces of your desired size and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.