Mediterranean inspired eggplant and tomato stew
This vegetarian one-pot delight is the perfect meal for the cooler evenings! Ready in under an hour, this dish is best served hot for the ultimate weeknight dinner or meal prepped lunch recipe.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 capsicums, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 2x 400g Pams Italian Diced Tomatoes Garlic & Oregano In Juice
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Place a heavy based frying pan or cast iron pot over a medium heat. Drizzle generously with olive oil, then saute the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until the onion has begun to soften.
- Add the capsicum and eggplant to the pan, and cook while stirring for a further 4-5 minutes, adding a little more olive oil if needed.
- Mix the chickpeas, paprika and tinned tomatoes to the pot, and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender; stirring occasionally.
- Garnish the eggplant and tomato stew with fresh parsley, then serve and enjoy.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
TIP: Serve this stew with cooked rice or flatbreads and a dollop of yoghurt for an additional serving suggestion.