Mediterranean Vege and Haloumi Tray Bake
Haloumi is such a versatile ingredient and it’s a great option for meat-free meals. This bake is bursting with flavour – the perfectly cooked tomatoes and veg get an extra kick from the chilli and Tuscan seasoning. It’s a great dish that’s oh so delicious – and healthy too.
- 4 courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- ¼ cup Pams Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Tuscan seasoning
- 250g mixed colour cherry tomatoes
- 200g haloumi, sliced into ½cm slices
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning, extra
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes, or to taste
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Crusty bread and lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan bake. Place the courgettes, red pepper, red onion and garlic in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and the 2 teaspoons of Tuscan seasoning and mix well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to a large shallow baking dish. Roast in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are lightly browned.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and place the haloumi slices on top. Sprinkle over the extra Tuscan seasoning and the chilli flakes. Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the haloumi is golden.
- Remove the pan from the oven and squeeze the softened garlic onto the vegetables. Garnish with basil and serve with crusty bread and lemon wedges.