Caramelized onion quiche
"I absolutely love this quiche I've made it so many times this year it's been great for lunches and birthdays, I hope you like the way it tastes."
- 3 onions (can be a combination of shallots, or red onions)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pancake mix or flour
- Diced bacon
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1 bag of spinach to wilt down
- Sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips (optional)
- Cheese (a combination of tasty and feta)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Chop the onions finely and cook them in olive oil on a low heat for about 25-30 minutes. Half way through cooking add the brown sugar.
- In a separate pan lightly pan fry the bacon.
- Roll out made or bought pastry and put in quiche dish and blind bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whisk up the eggs, pancake mix/flour and milk/cream.
- When onions are done add the spinach to the pan for less than a minute before adding to egg mixture. Add the tomatoes and cheese and the onions into the egg mixture season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into quiche dish and bake in oven for 40 minutes until cooked.