Paneer skewers with raita and naan
These paneer tikka skewers are insanely delicious, and the perfect meat-free Monday addition to your weekly menu! Served alongside creamy raita and warm naan bread, you’ll be wishing you made double. Paired exquisitely with your choice of Lager, it’s the ultimate lunch or dinner option.
- 1 cup + 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp + ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 600g paneer, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely sliced
- Naan breads, to serve
- Boneface Brewing Outlaw IPL
- Heineken Light
- McLeod's Longboarder Lager
- Zeelandt Black Monk
- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup yoghurt, olive oil, chopped coriander, turmeric, 1 tsp ground cumin, curry powder and the juice of 1 lemon. Season with salt and pepper, then add the cubed paneer and toss to coat. Leave to marinade for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celcius fan grill. Thread the marinated paneer onto the skewers, adding two paneer pieces, 1 red onion wedge, then a remaining 2 paneer pieces.
- To make the raita, combine the remaining yoghurt, juice of 1 lemon, ½ tsp ground cumin, diced cucumber, mint and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Lay the skewers on a wire rack set over a baking tray. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, before changing to grill and cooking for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the skewers are lightly charred.
- Serve the cooked skewers alongside the raita and warmed naan breads. Enjoy immediately.