- 4 cups cooked pearl barley
- 6 par cooked or tinned baby beets, quartered
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- Spray oil
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup mixed sprouts
- 50 g micro greens, baby kale or mesclun leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Orange juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon whole grain honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon toasted almonds
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degs. combine the beetroot quarters, red onion and capsicum and spread out on a lined baking tray. spray with oil and season a little.
Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender and coloured. In a large bowl gently toss the pearl barley, warm roasted vegetables, shredded cabbage, sprouts and greens. Combine the olive oil, orange juice and zest and mustard and mix well. dress the salad at the last minute and season to taste.
Garnish with toasted almonds.