Even if your friends and family protest that they don’t like pumpkin, you may find they love this! The cheese and tomato lend a wonderful savoury side to this baked dish.
- 1kg pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- salt & pepper and any other seasonings you like
- 2 tablespoon self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato
- Grated cheese for topping
- Peel and cut pumpkin into chunks.
- Boil for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add butter and mash well.
- Stir in ¼ cup grated cheese, sour cream and seasonings.
- Add flour and eggs.
- Spread evenly into a casserole dish.
- Arrange tomato slices on top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes.