Risotto is such a good dish as it’s loved by children and adults alike, plus it’s a good transition food for toddlers moving into eating family food. As an alternative, cook adding diced chicken thighs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 150g mushrooms, chopped
- 275g arborio rice
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or saucepan.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stir frequently until the juice has been absorbed into the rice.
- Stir in the curry powder.
- Add the stock gradually, waiting for the stock to be absorbed before adding more.
- Keep stirring to stop the rice sticking to the pan.
- When all the stock has been added and the rice is cooked, beat in the parmesan cheese to make a smooth and creamy risotto consistency.
This risotto is delicious served with prawns pan-fried in a little butter and lemon juice. Any left over risotto can be frozen.