- 2 cup cooked cold rice
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 390 g can of black beans, well drained
- 1/4 cup chilli sauce
- 200 g prepared falafel mix
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste or powder
- Into a bowl put the cold rice, breadcrumbs, black beans, chilli sauce, falafel mix, onion, capsicum, parsley and curry paste or powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 even-sized portions and shape into burgers.
- Barbecue on a well-oiled pre-heated hot plate for 4 minutes each side, spraying with a little oil before turning over, until they are golden and hot.
- Accompany with salad ingredients and a fruity sweeter-style chutney such as mango.