Roasted cauliflower and chickpea salad
Who said salads can’t be the star of the show? Using ingredients that are available all year round this quick and easy roasted cauliflower & chickpea salad is a true showstopper. Perfect for any lunch or dinner – pair with your favourite protein or enjoy simply as is.
- 1 whole cauliflower, cut into florets
- Olive oil
- 1x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon, mixed
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Lemon wedges to finish, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake. Spread the cauliflower pieces across a roasting tray, then drizzle generously with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then place into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Once the cauliflower has cooled to room temperature, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the drained chickpeas, red onion, parsley and cranberries then toss well to combine.
- Dress the salad with half of the lemon juice and zest, then drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, toss to coat, then transfer to a platter if desired.
- To make the yoghurt dressing, stir together the remaining lemon juice and zest, Greek yoghurt and half of the chopped dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then dollop over the salad.
- Garnish the salad with the remaining dill and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired. Serve and enjoy.
TIP: Wanting to switch it up a bit? You can substitute the dills and parsley for other fresh, leafy herbs of your choice! Swap the parsley and dill for mint, coriander or chives; but be sure to avoid woody herbs such as thyme and rosemary.