- Pams Olive oil
- 1x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp chipotle or hot sauce
- 8 taco tortillas
- 2 capsicums, cut into large pieces
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped coriander
- ½ chilli, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Lime wedges and coriander leaves, to garnish
- Bring a frying pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the drained chickpeas, garlic and Mexican seasoning, and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and 1 Tbsp of chipotle sauce to the chickpeas, then cook while stirring for a final 3-4 minutes or until the chickpeas are golden. Set aside.
- Bring a grill pan to a medium to high heat. Grill the tortillas until lightly charred, then set aside. Lightly oil the capsicum pieces, then place onto the heated grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until charred and just tender.
- Once cool enough to handle, dice the capsicums and place into a mixing bowl. Combine with the diced red onion, avocado, coriander, chilli and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the tacos, mix together the sour cream and remaining chipotle sauce, then spread half of the sour cream evenly over the charred tortillas. Top with shredded cabbage, followed by the warm chickpeas and salsa.
- Finish the tacos with fresh lime wedges, coriander and the remaining sour cream, then serve immediately and enjoy.
TIP: Can you take the heat? Add extra sliced chilli on top of these smoky tacos to take the spice level up a notch!