Spinach and ricotta pasta shells
View the method
- 20g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 120g baby spinach
- 500g ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- Dried cannelloni (around 16 tubes)
- 500g Pams pasta sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
Back to ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. In a frying pan, melt the butter over a low to medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook while stirring for 30 seconds before adding the spinach and cooking for a minute or until wilted.
- In a food processor, blend together the ricotta cheese, parmesan and egg. Add the spinach mixture with salt and pepper, then lightly blend to combine.
- Spoon the spinach and ricotta filling into a piping or reusable sandwich, then pipe into the cannelloni tubes, repeating until all the mixture has been used.
- Pour the ¾ of the pasta sauce into a baking dish, and add ⅓ cup of water. Stir to incorporate, then nestle the cannelloni tubes in the sauce. Spoon the remaining sauce over the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top, then cover with a lid or foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the sauce is bubbling.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then garnish with basil if desired and serve immediately.