"This is an excellent accompaniment to any meat or chicken main dish. I have been making this dish for over 30 years and i still make it at least once a month. Every one that tries it wants the recipe."
View the method
- 1 bunch spinach (or replace with silverbeet if you prefer)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Breadcrumbs or extra cheese if desired
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Roughly chop spinach
- In large bowl whisk eggs and add all other ingredients.
- Mix well and place in casserole dish.
- If desired place breadcrumbs and extra cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 mins
- Remove lid and cook for a further 10 mins to brown.