Super greens and ricotta frittata
Frittata is a quick and easy meal for any time of the day, and this frittata is packed with beautiful green vegetables and creamy ricotta to create a sensational, fresh recipe. Don’t be afraid to change up the vegetables to suit the season or your tastes!
- ½ head broccoli or 6 long stemmed broccoli stalks
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 70g feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 eggs
- ⅓ cup cream or milk
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, roughly chopped
- 150g ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup rocket
- Additional herbs
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water until just tender, then set aside.
- Grease an ovenproof dish or pan, then layer half of the vegetables into the base. Sprinkle the feta cheese over, then layer the remaining vegetables.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, chopped herbs and seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour evenly over the vegetable mixture.
- Dollop spoonfuls of ricotta over the surface of the frittata, then zest the lemon over the top. Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg has cooked through and the frittata is lightly golden.
- Once cooked, leave to cool for 10-15 minutes, then garnish with the rocket, additional feta and a drizzle of olive oil before serving.