Sweet and sour vegetable omelettes
Omelettes aren’t just reserved for breakfast! Our fluffy, egg foo young style sweet and sour vegetable omelettes are a great meal any time of the day. Mixed with bean sprouts, spring onion and carrot, this veggie-packed dish is finished off with a drizzle of sweet and sour sauce.
- 6 Pams Free Range Eggs
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup Pams Sweet and Sour Simmer Sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sesame oil together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bean sprouts, carrot, garlic and spring onion to the egg mixture, and stir to combine.
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Ladle a quarter of the egg mixture into the pan and use a spatula to push the edges into a round shape.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until almost set, then flip the eggs and cook for a further minute. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Gently warm the sweet and sour sauce, then drizzle over the cooked egg foo young and enjoy.
Top tip: Serve our egg foo young with a side of rice with some fresh sprouts and spring onion sprinkled over the top.