Teff Cauliflower Chickpea Salad
Teff is highly nutritious and full of calcium, protein, iron and manganese. With a mild nutty flavour, you can add Pams Teff to salads, stews, risottos, porridge and even baking!
- 3 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Pams Superfoods Teff
- 1 head cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 1/3 cups Pams Vegetable stock, heated
- ½ red onion, diced
- 400g can Pams Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped mint
- 1/3 cup Pams Hempseed and Honey Vinaigrette
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large wide based frying pan or saucepan over a medium heat.
Add the teff and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat the grains with oil.
Pour over the stock. Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer over a low heat for 7-8 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork and leave to sit for a further 10 minutes before turning out into a shallow dish to cool completely.
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Arrange the cauliflower in a roasting dish, drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with sumac and sea salt and toss to combine.
Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes or until golden but be careful not to overcook.
In a large salad bowl combine the teff, cauliflower, onion, chickpeas, parsley and mint.
Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to combine.