Tomato and courgette frittata
After a simple yet delicious dinner to enjoy during those warm Summer nights? Look no further than this quick tomato and courgette frittata! Packed full of vibrant flavours this vegetarian recipe is perfect prepped for lunches too. What’s more to love?
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup cream
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pams olive oil
- 3 courgettes
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp Pams basil pesto, plus extra to finish
- Fresh rocket, to finish
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan bake. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, and parsley until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Place an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onion and garlic with a generous drizzle of olive oil until the onions begin to soften.
- Thinly slice 2 of the courgettes and grate the remaining one. Add to the pan, then stir to combine and reduce the pan to a low heat. Scatter the grated cheese over the vegetable mixture, then gently pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Cook the frittata over the heat for 3-5 minutes or until the edges begin to set. Evenly scatter the cherry tomatoes over the frittata, then dollop the cream cheese amongst the tomatoes.
- Spoon the pesto over the top, then place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the egg has cooked through in the centre and the top is golden in colour. Leave to cool for 15 minutes before cutting, then finish sprinkled with rocket and drizzled with additional pesto.