Vegetarian cheats noodle soup
Who doesn’t love flavourful and comforting instant noodles? Done in just 15 minutes it’s the perfect vegetarian dinner to whip up after a long day! You’ll look like a pro with this easy homemade version that’s missing the bad ingredients but is still a breeze to make.
- 1 Pams Free Range Mixed Grade Egg, room temperature
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp Pams Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Pams Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Pams Soy Sauce
- 50g mushrooms
- 1 bok choy, sliced
- ½ packet Pams Hokkien Noodles
- Cook the egg in boiling water for 5-6 minutes for soft boiled or longer for hard boiled. Plunge into cold water and when cool enough to handle, peel the egg and set aside.
- Put the vegetable stock in a pan with the sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter and soy sauce and whisk together.
- Bring up to a simmer while you slice the mushrooms and cut the bok choy into wedges. Add both to the pan, along with the noodles. Cook until the noodles are just soft, around 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, ladle the soup and noodles into a large bowl, cut the egg in half and add to the bowl.
Top Tip: Try adding extra chilli, chopped spring onions and sesame seeds to garnish. For a bit of extra protein, this satisfying soup is also delicious with cubes of silken tofu.