Vitality veggie stir fry
"A quick, veggie-packed stir fry filled with fantastic Chinese flavor. Vibrant vegetables combine with silky noodles, salty soy and the heat of ginger in less time than it takes to order the take out."
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into 3cm batons
- 4 spring onions, white and pale parts cut diagonally
- 1 Tbsp diced ginger
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 400g prepared noodles, such as Singapore or Hokkien
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp diced ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp boiling water
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Pour in boiling water and mix well. Add diced ginger and garlic and set aside.
- Steam broccoli florets for 2-3 minutes over boiling water, or in a covered microwave dish.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Add in onion, stirring frequently for 3 minutes until starting to soften. Add in capsicum, zucchini, spring onion and ginger, constantly tossing for 5 minutes. Once vegetables have softened slightly, add in roasted peanuts and steamed broccoli. Toss constantly for 2 minutes before adding in noodles and sauce. Mix well to combine all ingredients and heat through the noodles.
- Divide into two bowls and serve immediately.