Whole roasted cauliflower with garlic yoghurt
Celebrate cauliflower in all its glory with this beautiful vegetarian dish! Roasted whole this cauliflower recipe is simple to make and beautifully spiced. Doused with a rich roasted garlic yoghurt and garnished with fresh herbs it’s a guaranteed flavour sensation.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 cloves + 1 bulb garlic
- Pams Olive Oil
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan bake. Trim the outer leaves from the cauliflower, but leave the inner leaves attached. Cut a cross into the stem of the cauliflower and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, cumin, turmeric and seasoning. Finely chop two garlic cloves and add to the spice mixture along with enough olive oil to form a paste.
- Rub the spice paste over the cauliflower until completely coated, then transfer into a casserole dish. Cover with a lid and place into the oven to bake for 45 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for a further 30-40 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender when tested with a skewer or knife.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cut the garlic bulb in half horizontally, then wrap in tin foil. Place into the oven with the cauliflower and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the garlic is golden and caramelised.
- Once the garlic has cooked and cooled, squeeze the garlic cloves into a bowl. Add the yoghurt and lemon zest, then stir and season to taste*.
- To serve, place the cauliflower on a serving plate and drizzle with garlic yoghurt. Garnish with parsley, mint and toasted almonds before serving, and enjoy.
*If your yoghurt is too thick to drizzle, thin with a dash of milk or water until it has reached your desired consistency.