Natural wheat bran, the main ingredient in Kellogg’s® All-Bran®, is a concentrated source of fibre. Adding a small amount to a dish can really help boost the overall fibre of the meal. With these recipes you’ll see just how versatile this simple breakfast cereal can be.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 250ml (1 cup) reduced fat milk
- 60g (¾ cup) All-Bran® Original
- 3 (500g) zucchini (courgettes), grated and excess moisture removed
- ¹/3 cup frozen corn kernels (preferably salt reduced)
- ½ cup chopped coriander or parsley
- Olive oil for frying
- To serve:
- Coriander or rocket leaves
- Low fat yoghurt mixed with chopped coriander leaves
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cool.
- Combine the flour and milk. Place all remaining ingredients in a large bowl, add the milk mix and onion and stir to combine. Season and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Place heaped ¹/3 cup measures of mixture in the pan and flatten. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with coriander or rocket topped with tomato salsa and low fat yoghurt.