Foodstuffs aims to protect your privacy as a customer and a user of Zoom Trolley. It is our goal to provide you services and information tailored to your individual needs while complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act).
WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
You must be a registered New World Clubcard member to use Zoom Trolley. Information that you provide to us to register as a New World Clubcard member will be governed by the Privacy section of the Clubcard Terms and Conditions which is located here.
In addition, in the course of using Zoom Trolley, we may collect various other information from you, including demographic information (e.g. age, gender), mobile location data, shopping information (e.g. your preferences, shopping lists, purchases and returns history) and other information that we request. We may also collect incidental information from you, including images of your person or personal items that may be visible by the camera in the Zoom Device.
Each Zoom enabled Trolley is tracked, allowing us to identify where the trolley is at all times. If you have paired your mobile handset with the Zoom Device, your New World Clubcard number will be aggregated together with the GPS location of the Zoom enabled Trolley.
If you do not provide us with some of this information, then you may not be able to access some or all of the services available through Zoom Trolley.
WHY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY FOODSTUFFS
By registering for and using Zoom Trolley, you agree that Foodstuffs may collect, store and use any of your personal information including to do any of the following:
- assist in providing services that you request from Zoom Trolley;
- if you are a Clubcard member, to collect, store or use your personal information for any purpose referred to in the Privacy section of the Clubcard Terms and Conditions in respect of your Clubcard membership;
- contact you about your use of Zoom Trolley and any purchase you have made;
- identify and determine the benefits, offers or promotions that may be of interest to you, your family or household based on what you like to buy;
- conduct research related to your supermarket shopping;
- use your personal information for other Foodstuffs marketing and promotional purposes;
- allow you to participate in competitions and promotions which may be available to New World's customers from time to time;
- take actions required to keep your information secure;
- take actions required to keep the Zoom enabled Trolleys available for use;
- enhance your overall shopping experience at a Store or using Zoom Trolley;
- identify and show you advertising and information, including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners, and about New World or other brand products, services, specials, loyalty programmes or promotions, that we believe would be relevant to you and your interests, but always subject to the preferences that you have selected;
- undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis);
- build a view of you as a customer by collating all personal information that New World and Foodstuffs hold about you in a single profile so that we can analyse and improve your experience and our services provided to you; and
- such other purposes we make known to you at the time of collection.
In doing so, your personal information may be combined with other personal information held by Foodstuffs, our partners and service providers.
Where possible, Foodstuffs will collect your personal information directly from you.
DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
In providing you with access to Zoom Trolley we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. It is generally our policy not to disclose information to external organisations, however, you agree that Foodstuffs may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section to:
- a Foodstuffs entity and its staff;
- a franchisee of a Foodstuffs Co-operative;
- Loyalty New Zealand Limited (which operates Fly Buys);
- Air New Zealand Limited (which operates Airpoints);
- any relevant third party that offers goods or services that we think may be of interest to you (for example, fuel providers);
- a person outside of Foodstuffs who is contracted to us (or a Foodstuffs Co-operative) to provide a particular service on our behalf; and
- to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by the law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
To process your payments for grocery items through the New World Application, your personal information relating to credit or debit card payments will be processed by our appointed payment provider who may hold those details.
We use various app, web and/ or email analytics tools to collect information about your activity through Zoom Trolley. The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools may be information about you (e.g. products, services, or specials that you engage with on Zoom Trolley) or anonymous information (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on the New World Application). By accessing and using Zoom Trolley, you consent to our use of such analytics tools to collect information about your access and use of Zoom Trolley.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is important to us and we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed, and it is your sole responsibility to protect access to any emails you receive from us that provide access to your account. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Foodstuffs will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited or Foodstuffs North Island Limited at 35 Landing Drive, Mangere, Auckland 2022, by Foodstuffs South Limited at Main North Road in Christchurch, at the relevant Store, and/or by one or more of Foodstuffs' trusted data service providers.
Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access to your personal information that we hold about you, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. You may be able to update some of your personal information online via your account. To otherwise access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact our Customer Support Centre on 0800 4 NEW WORLD (0800 463 996). We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above.