Successful launch sees the expansion of ecostore Refill Stations at South Island stores
Due to the overwhelming success of the first ecostore refillery at New World Durham Street earlier this year, New World and ecostore have teamed up again to expand the offering to five additional stores in the South Island.
Foodstuffs South Island CEO, Steve Anderson says, “At New World we are committed to implementing more refill stations as part of our wider business sustainability strategy. The refill station at Durham Street was the start of this commitment, and with five more being established, it is a positive step towards achieving our goal of all packaging being reusable and recyclable by 2025, as per the Plastics Packaging Declaration signed by ourselves and ecostore.”
In the same way shoppers buy nuts and seeds from the supermarket bulk bins, customers simply get their ecostore refill bottle - tap or pump the selected product into their bottle, filling to the top, write the product code and name on a label on the bottle and proceed to the checkout to pay.
Addresses of the New World Supermarkets with ecostore refill stations
- New World Northwood - Address: 2 Mounter Avenue, Northwood, Christchurch 8051
- New World St Martins - Address: 92 Wilsons Road, St Martins, Christchurch 8023
- New World Fendalton - Address: 19-23 Memorial Avenue, Fendalton, Christchurch 8053
- New World Wanaka - Address: 20 Dunmore Street, Wanaka 9305
- New World Three Parks - Address: Sir Tim Wallis Drive, Wanaka 9382