Read New World Christmas Kindness terms and conditions
1. Entry into this promotion or acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at newworld.co.nz.
2. Foodstuffs reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
3. The Promoter is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs).
Promotion Period and how to enter
4. The promotion commences on 13/11/2023 and runs until midnight on 26/11/2023 (Promotion Period).
5. To enter someone you think is deserving of some Christmas kindness, in the form of a $250 New World Gift Card, you must nominate that person (Nominated Person) by entering the required details, including your New World store, during the Promotion Period at newworld.co.nz/kindness.
Eligibility to win a prize
6. The Nominated Person must be 18 years of age or older. If a winner is under 18 years of age, at Foodstuffs’ sole discretion, their prize may be deferred to a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older, who may be asked to sign an acknowledgement of their agreement to these Terms and Conditions, or, the prize may be awarded to another winner.
7. By accepting a prize, the winner consents to Foodstuffs using the winner’s name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of his or her name in store) and the winner must make themselves available for publicity photographs relating to the promotion on request for no additional compensation.
8. Each winner will receive a $250 New World Gift Card which can be used at any New World store nationwide. There are 296 prizes to be won in total, two per store. The total prize pool is valued at $74,000.
9. New World Gift Card terms and conditions apply. See newworld.co.nz/shop/gift-cards for full terms.
10. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
Selecting and notifying winners
11. The winners will be selected by Foodstuffs, its store owners or its agent from 01/12/2023. Two winners will be selected from all the Nominated Persons received from each store. Winners will be selected by Foodstuffs in its sole and absolute discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. Foodstuffs will contact the winners selected via the email address and phone number provided by the entrant by 12/12/2023. If a winner does not respond within 7 days of Foodstuffs contacting the winner (including by leaving a voice mail or sending an email) the winner will forfeit the prize and another prize winner may be selected at Foodstuffs’ discretion on the same terms as the original judging conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the person who made the nomination does not receive a prize.
12. Foodstuffs decision is final and not subject to appeal.
13. Foodstuffs is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the judging due to incorrect or out of date contact details being provided.
If prize becomes unavailable
14. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, Foodstuffs may substitute a prize of its choice.
Verifying compliance with these terms
15. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant or winner (including identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
16. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs, any New World store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this promotion or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
18. Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact Foodstuffs Marketing Department, Foodstuffs North Island Limited, PO Box 27480, Mount Roskill, Auckland 1440 or visit newworld.co.nz/contact-us .