Kumara puree - stage 1 baby food
Whether you choose to steam or bake, kumara makes a lovely first food. You can mix it with apple or pear purée, carrot or pumpkin purée or even baby rice for a nice variety of flavours.
- Baby food
- 1 Kiwi fruit
- 3 Tablespoons apple juice
- 1 Apple
- 1 Pear
- Peel and cut into even sized pieces then steam or boil until soft - around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Blend with a little of the cooking water to make a smooth purée.
- Alternatively bake scrubbed, whole kumara for around 45 minutes to 1 hour in an oven heated to 180oC.
- Scoop out the cooked flesh and mash with a little cold, boiled water or expressed breastmilk.