Potato, leek and pea purée - stage 2 baby food
Leeks are less pungent than onion but introduce a savoury flavour. The peas add sweetness to this recipe. You can use this as a basis for making soup for adults – just add seasoning and some shredded chicken.
- Baby food
- 30g Butter
- 1 Leek
- 175g Potatoes
- 250ml Water
- 60g Frozen peas
- Put the butter in a saucepan and add the washed and finely sliced white part of a leek.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Peel and chop the potatoes, add these to teh leek mixture and pour over the water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and continue to cook for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Using some of the cooking water blend to a purée to the appropriate consistency.
Suitable for freezing