A frittata is a great way to sneak spinach into the kids’ diets. Pack in heaps of fresh vegetables so they don’t even know it’s good for them. Make sure you grow masses of spinach because it wilts down when you cook it, so the more you have the better.
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 220 grams spinach
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 8 free-range eggs
- 100ml cream
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- 75 grams feta
- 24cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Add the spinach to the pan and mix through until soft and wilted. Add the frozen peas and mix well.
- Preheat your oven grill to high.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch each of salt and pepper and the parmesan.
- Tip the egg mixture into the pan, tilting it to ensure it’s filled right the way around. Crumble up the feta and dot it evenly across the top.
- Cook the frittata over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, then place under the grill for a further 4-5 minutes or until it’s puffed and golden brown and the eggs are cooked.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a board or platter and serve warm with fresh bread and butter.