Easy ham and cheese scones
These wonderful savoury scones are so easy to whip up.
View the method
- 3 cups plain flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of grated Tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk (approximately)
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the over to 200C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt, ham and cheese into a bowl and mix together.
- Add the egg and most of the milk.
- Mix together by cutting through the mixture with a knife (this avoids over-mixing which gives tough scones).
- The mixture should be quite wet so add the remaining milk if required and mix in.
- Turn the mixture onto a floured surface.
- Cut into shapes, place on the lined baking tray and sprinkle with some grated cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The scones are ready when risen and golden brown.