- 125g Whittaker’s Creamy Milk Fairtrade chocolate
- 1 ½ cups high-grade flour
- 30g Fairtrade cocoa
- 1 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 100g soft butter
- 50g Fairtrade cane sugar
- 1 tsp Taylor & Colledge Fairtrade vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, cold
- 350g morsels of roughly chopped up Whittaker’s Fairtrade chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Melt the 125g Fairtrade Creamy Milk chocolate in a heatproof dish over a pan of gently simmering water.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, soda bicarbonate and a pinch of salt into a large bowl.
3. Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
4. Beat the vanilla extract and cold eggs, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the chocolate morsels.
5. Scoop out 16 even sized mounds, and place on a lined baking tray with about 6 to a tray. Do not flatten them.
6. Cook for around 18 minutes, testing that they are cooked with a cake-tester - if it comes out wet, they’re not done yet.
7. Leave to cool slightly on the baking tray for about 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.