Spicy beef burgers
Add a little kick to the classic home made beef burger with this hot recipe
- 390 g Can of lentils in brine, drained
- 300 g lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 Red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Process the lentils in a food processor and pulse to a coarse purée.
- Mix together the lentils, mince, breadcrumbs, onion, capsicum, coriander, tomato paste, garlic and chilli and season with salt and pepper if wished. Shape into 6 evensized balls and then fl atten into patties.
- Cook on a well-greased, preheated barbecue for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve on a toasted burger bun with chutney, wedges and salad.