Quick chicken and cashew curry
This easy curry has a strong resemblance to butter chicken, so the kids enjoy eating it as much as the cook does making it.
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cm Fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 60g Butter
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp Curry powder, heaped ones
- 1 tsp Salt
- 700 g Skinned and boned chicken thighs, diced
- 1 can Pams diced tomatoes, 400g
- ½ cup Cashew nuts, finely ground
- ½ cup Natural yoghurt, unsweetened
- 1 large bunch Coriander, for serving
- 4 servings Basmati rice
- Cook onion, garlic and ginger in butter in a heavy-based frying pan for 3-4 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add cumin, curry powder and salt and stir to incorporate, then add chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and ½ cup water and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the ground cashew nuts and yoghurt. When it comes back to the boil, remove from heat.
- Serve with plenty of fresh coriander and steamed rice.