Baked cheesy crumbed chicken with kūmara chips
Crunchy, cheesy, crumbed chicken is always a guaranteed crowd pleaser especially with the kids! Deliciously easy, the baked crumbed chicken makes for a healthier version and less pans for cleaning up. Chunky kūmara chips (or potato if you prefer) are the perfect partner in crime for this simple weeknight dinner.
- 800g kūmara, any colour, cut into wedges
- Pams Rice Bran Cooking Spray
- 3 Tbsp Pams Pure Plain Flour
- 2 Pams Free Range Mixed Grade Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Pams Classic Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 1½ cups Pams Wholegrain Breadcrumbs
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ¾ cup grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives or parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put the kūmara on a baking paper lined oven tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-55 minutes until tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs and mayonnaise. Add the chicken tenderloins and stir well to coat.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl with the 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, ½ cup of the parmesan and herbs. Mix well. Place a piece of chicken in the bowl and coat with the crumb mix. Put onto a baking paper-lined oven tray. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan then spray with the rice bran oil and bake for 15 minutes. Serve with the kūmara chips and enjoy!
Serve with a green salad or steamed vegetables and your favourite dipping sauces.
Freeze the chicken for an easy weeknight dinner - simply put the crumbed, uncooked chicken on the tray into the freezer. Once frozen, put the chicken into a resealable bag, then you can take out as many pieces as you need. Cook from frozen, allowing 20-25 minutes for the chicken to cook through.