Go-To Hoisin chicken drumsticks
Whether it’s at a party or the dinner table, chicken drumsticks are a hit with kids and adults alike. Simple to prepare and quick to cook, these drumsticks with hoisin sauce are guaranteed to become your new weeknight go-to.
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 8 chicken drumsticks (1 kilo in total)
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the hoisin sauce, tomato sauce, garlic and ginger in a large bowl, mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pat the surface of the chicken drumsticks dry with clean paper towels. Add the chicken drumsticks and coat well with the hoisin mixture. Transfer the drumsticks to the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to cook the rice, rinse in a sieve under cold water until the water runs clear. Then place in a saucepan with 3 cups of water. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid, and cook for 12 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside to steam, covered, for 5 minutes .
Get inspired: Try sushi rice instead. Get the recipe on our website.
Serve the drumsticks with the rice and steamed broccolini. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce.