Kung Pao chicken stir fry
A delicious and authentic dinner idea from Tegel, this easy chicken recipe is sure to become a family favourite.
View the method
- 4 - 6 chicken thigh fillets (boneless and skinless)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chinese rice wine
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Chinese black vinegar (or Balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger (peeled and sliced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (sliced diagonally)
- 6 - 8 dried red chillies (cut in half and deseeded)
- 3 spring onions (cut into 1cm pieces)
- 1 tbsp Sichuan peppercorns (or pink pepper corns)
- 3 tbsp roasted peanuts
Back to ingredients
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Cut chicken meat into small cubes and marinate for 30 minutes. Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat wok with 2 Tbsp of oil and stir-fry marinated chicken until cooked. Set aside.
- Clean wok, heat and add 2 tbsp of oil until it smokes. Add ginger and garlic. Stir then add chillies.
- Stir-fry until aromatic and chillies smell spicy, add spring onions and peppercorns. Stir-fry for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add chicken meat and sauce mix. Stir continuously until the chicken and vegetables are nicely coated with sauce.
- Lastly, add roasted peanuts. Serve with rice.