Rosie's Go-To simple stuffed chicken
“I like to experiment a bit in the kitchen, but when I want a Go-To hit, it’s my chicken wrapped in bacon. It’s got the warmth of a Sunday roast but it’s perfect for a quick midweek meal. My kids love it!” – Rosie
View the method
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 200g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 8 streaky bacon rashers
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Green beans, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, to serve
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
- With a sharp knife, carefully slice a slit into the side of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Make sure you don’t cut all the way through.
- Place the cream cheese, capers and half the red onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the chicken pockets.
- Snugly wrap the stuffed chicken breasts with the bacon rashers. You should manage to wrap each rasher around the chicken breast twice, and the ends of the bacon should end up underneath the breast.
- Place the chicken in the roasting pan and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 15 minutes, until the chicken reads 75°C on a meat thermometer or the juices of the chicken run clear and not pink.