Lemon honey delight pudding
"Its kind of a cross between a cake, slice and pudding. I tried to make a lemon cake one day from memory and it flopped, it was a bit sloppy but the final product was so tasty with runny cream and ice-cream that I wrote down what I put in it and managed to reproduce it. My partner loves it."
- 125g butter
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- grated zest of 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 small punnets of Greek honey yoghurt
- 1 cup of icing sugar for topping
- juice of 2 lemons for topping
- Beat butter, sugar and lemon zest until its creamy
- Add the eggs 1 at a time beating until all mixed in.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the creamy mixture a bit at a time with the greek honey yoghut mixing them in (not beating) until its nice and smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased 20cm round tin.
- Bake in preheated 160 degree oven for approx 50 minutes (until knife comes out clean).
- Leave in tin until cold then remove and make topping as follows:
- Sift 1 cup of icing sugar into a small jug and add freshly squeezed lemon juice until its thick but pourable. You may not need all of the juice, (note - it looks like a real runny icing) Pour topping on top of the pudding.
- Serve cold with runny cream and/or icecream. Its also nice reheated.