- Meal Type:
- Cooking Time:
- 35 mins
This is a great way to turn a classic Easter treat into a delicious pudding the whole family will enjoy.
Make sure an adult helps you with this recipe kids!
- 6 hot cross buns from New World’s bakery
- 25g spreadable butter
- 75g chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1Tbsp. caster sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and butter each cut side. Sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips.
- Sandwich the buns back together and place evenly in a baking dish.
- Beat the milk, eggs and sugar together. Pour this mixture over the buns.
- Scatter with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 30-35 minutes or until just set.
- Serve hot with some cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Meadow Fresh
Use ready rolled butter puff pastry for this Easter themed, quick and healthy snack for kids. Once baked, let the kids help decorate the bunnies.
Try this different take on Easter eggs. They’re a little bit healthier and a lot more fun!