- 450g beef mince
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 200ml Campbell’s Real Stock
- 420g Wattie’s Chilli Beans, drained
- 300g Doritos Tortilla Chips
- 150g Rolling Meadow Tasty, grated
- 1-2 avocados
- 1-2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 125g sour cream
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180?C
- Put the mince in a pot on high heat.
- Cook until brown then add 1/2 of the diced onion.
- Add the stock and turn the heat down.
- Cook for 20 minutes until most of the liquid has gone.
- Mix through the chilli beans and season.
- Spread the tortilla chips over the base of a tray or oven dish.
- Spread the mince in middle leaving the edges clear and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Put into the oven to warm until the cheese melts.
- Mash the avocado with the lime. Season.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and top with the avocado, tomatoes, remaining red onion and the sour cream.
- While nachos were invented in Mexico they weren’t a traditional dish but something originally made for visiting Americans.
- Add jalapenos for more heat in your nachos.
- Very quickly blanch some spinach. Drain, chop and add to the tomatoes along with some olives.
- Substitute lemons for limes