Pork steaks with roasted peach salsa
The salsa has a fresh summer flavour. Together with the pork and flavoursome potato salad this is a great light option at the end of a busy day.
- 1kg The Greater Good Baby Gourmandine Potatoes
- 4 pork medallion steaks
- 2 capsicums, ½’ d and sliced
- 3 Golden Belle Peaches, ½’ d and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 400g Delmaine Tomatoes with Garlic or Capsicum
- ½ tsp Gregg’s Ground Chilli
- 100g Galaxy Creamy Blue Cheese
- ½ bag spinach, finely sliced
- ALSO NEED: oil, salt, pepper, vinegar (cider or malt)
- Slice the potatoes and boil until tender, then drain well and put aside (covered).
- Next heat a little olive oil in a fry pan on medium high heat.
- Cook the capsicum, peaches and garlic for 5-10 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and chilli. (add more or less chilli to suit your taste).
- Cook for another 5 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Cook the pork either in a hot pan or on the BBQ until no longer pink in the centre.
- Crumble the blue cheese and mix with 6 tbs olive oil, 6 tbs vinegar. Season to taste.
- Pour the blue cheese dressing over the warm potatoes.
- Add the spinach and mix until coated. (You can add all the spinach if you like)
- Serve the pork on a generous spoon of salsa, with the potato salad.
• The salsa can be served with any BBQ’d meats.
• Combine leftover salsa with sliced spinach and tomatoes to make a salad.
• Sprinkle peach ¼’s with sugar or drizzle with honey and bake in the oven till soft. Serve with ice-cream.