- 600-700g Pork loin chops
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Old El Paso Hard’n Soft Taco Kit
- 4-5 tbs Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Oranges, juice and zest
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- Iceberg Lettuce, sliced finely
- ½ telegraph cucumber, thin batons
- ALSO NEED: olive oil
- Remove the meat from the chop and dice or slice into batons.
- To make the marinade combine sugar, spice mix packet from the taco kit, Worcestershire sauce,
- Orange zest and juice.
- Add the pork and marinate for ½ hour at least.
- Heat a little oil in a pan on high. Saving the marinade, drain the pork and add it to the hot pan.
- Cook the pork until browned, then turn down the heat and add the orange marinade.
- Be careful it doesn’t burn.
- Let it reduce to a sticky sauce and then mix through ¾ cup parsley.
- Remove from the heat.
- Using a combination of soft and hard taco shells, fill with the lettuce and cucumber.
- Top with the pork and some of the taco sauce from the kit.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.
- Instead of adding the parsley in the recipe, blend it with a ripe avocado and 70g pumpkin seeds.
- Dollop this pesto on top of the finished tacos.
- You can wrap a soft taco around the hard taco shell to make it easier to eat.
- A squeeze of lime on top goes well with the sticky pork.