Sticky pork tacos
Fragrant orange and the tang of Worcestershire sauce in the marinade adds great taste to the sticky pork. The Hard’n Soft Tacos are sure to ensure everyone will get a taco that they love.
View the method
- 600-700g Pork loin chops
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Old El Paso Hard’n Soft Taco Kit
- 4-5 tbs Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Oranges, juice and zest
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- Iceberg Lettuce, sliced finely
- ½ telegraph cucumber, thin batons
- ALSO NEED: olive oil
Back to ingredients
- Remove the meat from the chop and dice or slice into batons.
- To make the marinade combine sugar, spice mix packet from the taco kit, Worcestershire sauce,
- Orange zest and juice.
- Add the pork and marinate for ½ hour at least.
- Heat a little oil in a pan on high. Saving the marinade, drain the pork and add it to the hot pan.
- Cook the pork until browned, then turn down the heat and add the orange marinade.
- Be careful it doesn’t burn.
- Let it reduce to a sticky sauce and then mix through ¾ cup parsley.
- Remove from the heat.
- Using a combination of soft and hard taco shells, fill with the lettuce and cucumber.
- Top with the pork and some of the taco sauce from the kit.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.
- Instead of adding the parsley in the recipe, blend it with a ripe avocado and 70g pumpkin seeds.
- Dollop this pesto on top of the finished tacos.
- You can wrap a soft taco around the hard taco shell to make it easier to eat.
- A squeeze of lime on top goes well with the sticky pork.