- 900g Chicken Nibbles
- ½ leek, washed and sliced finely
- 1-4 tbs Gregg’s curry paste
- 400ml Trident Coconut Milk
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 Clarks Celery Sticks, sliced
- 1 broccoli, diced flowerets and some stem
- 2 tsps dried coriander
- 1 ½ -2 cups Jasmine Rice
- ALSO NEED:
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180?C
- Place the chicken nibbles in a bowl and add 2 tbs of the coconut milk and 1 tbs of the curry paste.
- Toss to coat the nibbles.
- Cover the bowl and try to refrigerate for at least ½ an hour or overnight.
- To cook the nibbles place them on a baking tray and fan bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- While the nibbles are in the oven cook the rice as per instructions on the packet.
- Then heat some oil in a pan on medium.
- Add the leeks and curry paste. The amount of curry paste depends how spicy you want the end product to be. A good idea is to add a couple of tbs and then taste the sauce after it has cooked for about 5 minutes. You can add more if needed.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then add the remaining coconut milk, red onion, celery, broccoli, 1 tsp sugar and coriander.
- Let this simmer on med/low until the rice is ready (about 10 minutes). If the rice takes a lot longer just remove the sauce from the heat for a while so it doesn’t evaporate too much.
- When the rice is ready, drain well and mix thru the curry sauce.
- Serve the nibbles with the rice.
- Instead of white sugar you could use coconut sugar or maple syrup if you have some.
- Next night make a healthy winter salad with the left over vegetables. Blanch chopped broccoli and finely sliced leeks.
- Drain well and add finely sliced celery and red onion. Dress with a mustard honey vinaigrette made with cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- Add lots of chopped parsley, chopped pecan nuts and season. Serve with some grilled chicken or a steak.