- 1/2 cup couscous
- 400 g lean lamb mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander or mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp Moroccan spice seasoning
- Place the couscous in a large bowl, pour over ½ cup boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes before fl uffi ng with a fork.
- Add the lamb mince, onion, dates, coriander or mint and seasoning and mix well. Form into 6 even-sized burgers.
- Cook on a preheated barbecue or lightly greased hotplate for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve on warmed pita breads with salad ingredients and hummus on the side.