"Perfect meal made from last nights roast lamb (or beef), as a kid I remember racing over to the neighbours to borrow their blender for mum to make this alltime favourite."
View the method
- Half a dozen large spuds
- Left over roast
- A carrot
- One onion
- Some cheese
Back to ingredients
- Turn on your oven to 180.
- Peel and boil spuds till cooked.
- Cut your roast up and blend till fluffy (helps if your roast is a bit dry).
- In a bowl grate the carrot and sliced onion.
- Add the meat and mix together.
- Put into an oven proof dish and firm down with a fork.
- Put mashed spuds on top (can use a piping bag to be fancy).
- Put in the oven bake for about 40 mins.
- Then place cheese on top and grill till crunchy serve, with garlic bread and lashings of tomato sauce.