Original Southern nachos
"This is a pure NZ recipe, but with major influences from many southern US states (Grilled Meat, Chili, Cajun, Guacamole and Cheesy!). It is inexpensive and easy to cook and can be dished up as a main or a party snack. Any mince or stripped meat can be used making it good for your favourite cut."
- 500g beef or chicken mince
- 2 Tbsp of cooking oil
- 400g can of tomato chunky pasta sauce
- 420g can of 'salsa Chili Beans
- 1 tsp of minced chili (or 1 pepper w/out seeds)
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (ground)
- 3 finely chopped or minced garlic cloves
- 300-500g bag plain corn chips
- 100g grated cheese (mild or colby)
- 1 avocado
- 6 tsp of sour cream
- 3 tsp of sweet chilli and ginger sauce
- Fresh parsley
- Heat oil in frying pan on low-medium heat.
- Add mince and lightly brown.
- Add beans, pasta sauce, chilli & cayenne pepper and garlic.
- Bring to heat, turn down to low heat and place lid on frying pan, low simmer for 20min.
- Cut avocado in half, remove seed and scoop out.
- Mash avocado with 2x spoons of sour cream, sweet chilli and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill guacamole.
- Sprinkle cheese over a covered plate of corn chips (1x large plate for a shared snack meal or 1x small plate for each individual servings).
- Melt in microwave on high for 30-40 seconds.
- Place a large scoop of the meat and sauce from the frying pan onto the corn chips.
- Place a large dollop of the guacamole on the meat and sauce.
- Place 1 spoon of sour cream on top of guacamole.
- Sprinkle parsley on top of sour cream.