- 425g tin tuna in water (drained)
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 120g mushrooms, chopped
- 30g butter
- 30g flour
- 350ml milk
- 10ml lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Choux Pastry:
- 125ml water
- 60g butter
- 75g flour
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- pinch of salt
- 60g diced tasty or cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Sautee onions and mushrooms in the butter.
- Add flour, stir until smooth, add milk and bring mixture to the boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add fish and lemon juice and season to taste.
- Place the pan in a dish of ice-cold water to cool quickly.
- Place water and butter in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the saucepan.
- Stir quickly with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball and does not cling to the sides of the pan.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the first egg and beat until combined.
- Beat the second egg in a separate bowl and add about ¾ of this to the mixture.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Grease a flat round oven dish and spoon the pasty into the dish, making a slight hollow in the middle of the pastry.
- Brush the remainder of the beaten egg over the pastry and add the filling. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and cooked. Before serving garnish with tomato and fresh parsley.
- Serve with a mixed salad.